Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thumbsucker!

Toby loves his thumb!
Caleb loves snickers candy bars. On Friday I had to chase Clifford (our dog that is about to become dog jerky) because he keeps breaking through our electric fence. He always ends up at our neighbor/friend's house. Well Caleb was playing in the car and when I got back I saw all these candy crumbs in the front seat. He had eaten the entire snickers candy bar and a few small packs of M & M's! I don't normally keep candy around, but a friend had given some to me because M & M's sponsors a car her husband works for in Racing....so she has lots of extras. I had forgotten that I had left it in the car. Let me tell you Caleb was wired after that with the combonation of being tired he was quite a bit to handle. This is our Thanksgiving photo. We spent the day with our friends the McMullens where I had my first fried Turkey and it was yummy.

I would put more pics on, but for some reason this thing is slow. So maybe next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really good family picture! I love the story about Caleb and the candy. He's got a sweet tooth like his dad. And Toby- a thumbsucker?! That's just too funny since you made fun of your sister for doing the same thing (although I do admit there's a big difference between 5 months and 5 years.
Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Beth Ellen

The Funny Farm said...

just a suggestion about the dog,
tether it along the fence line so if it runs to the end of the chain it is right over the shock point and can not go through but only backward. Move the staked dog around
the yard, might even try staking a rope or ribbon or something on the ground to mark the shock point so it can associate that pain with a point on the ground. just a suggestion. we do something similar with our dairy goats, so at the end of their tether they can get whacked by the lectric fence but they cannot get to the other side, only in the paddock or in pain, that usually teaches them some respect for the shiny wire. I know your elect fence is under the ground, that is why I suggest a ribbon or rope on surface of ground. just a thought. I know how hard it is to give up a dog.
btw: I wouldn't leave the dog unattended, too many people would cry animal abuse at a tethered dog.

oh btw: love the site, keep it coming...lets see some Chrissy (Christmas) stuff.
-lafe

Anonymous said...

love to turn him from a thumb sucker to a c-c-sucker