Friday, November 02, 2007

We're going on a bear hunt...


Gonna catch a big one....


We're not scared....


Oh no...a deep colorful forrest...can't go over it, can't go under it....guess we gotta go through it.


stumble, trip....stumble, trip....stumble, trip....


We literally did that. We had a nice time, but since our children are little we don't get to REALLY hike like we would like to....but Caleb stuck it out and he did great. I told him he couldn't quit that easily...sometimes when you get tired you have to keep on going....(preaching more to myself than Caleb probably).


I really did go, I just took most of the pictures. I love our annual tradition of heading to the mountains in the fall. I fell in love with Black Mountain/Montreat area. The Grahams reside up there...Of course Ruth lives in a better place now....hard to believe because the hills and trees are amazing. I went on a retreat there a few weeks ago and wanted to come back when the trees changed. It's weird this year because the leaves are changing a couple weeks later this year.


Back with the stash...in case you didn't notice, Toby got a hair cut....
As you can see...I didn't really want to, but everyone was calling him a girl. They would say, "She is so cute." Even worse than that, now that his hair is gone, he grabs his hair to twirl and he has none. My hair gets extra twirling, though, or anyone who is holding him--even Ken.
This is what I really wanted Caleb to be for Halloween. He is Clark Kent and when he opens his shirt he is SUPERMAN. But he changed his mind and wanted to be Buzz Lightyear...




Our neighbors who live accross the street. (you may see their house a lot in pictures) About 5 or 6 familes got together next door for a pumpkin carving get together.

Kelly...doesn't she look so cute?



"Welcome to the gun show"


Caleb likes to pretend he is Jesus. He breaks the bread and says," The bread is for my body, eat this in remembrance of me." and for the "wine" he says,"This is for my blood, drink this in remembrance of me."

2 comments:

Micah and Beth said...

The boys are soooo cute in their costumes. I really like the Clark Kent idea, but maybe he'll do it next year. It looks like you all had a great time in the mountains. Wish we could have been there to enjoy the moment too. PS- I like Toby's hair!

The Funny Farm said...

Whoohooo.. a hair cut..and doesn't he look grown up. Wish we were there. We check out your blog everyday. Just have been so darn busy... simple, but flat out like a lizard drinking. Love Wendy, Lafe, et al.