Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kansas Trip

On our way back to NC, we stayed at a hotel. It prolonged our trip, but at least Ken and I weren't jetlagged the next day.





The tree amigos.


Caleb trying to dress Leisel at the hotel we stayed at on our way back to NC. He is such a sweet brother.


















We went all over the place in Kansas. One of the places were the combat air musuem. The kids could climb in and out of the these retired airplanes. Very interesting, but muggy. Our trip to kansas was a hot one with temps in the 114! We tried to stay busy.


-We went to a really cool Lego display at the local college in Topeka (no pics)


-My aunt and Uncle came to visit us from Atchison, Ks.


-My sister and her children came down and we went to the park to ride the train and carousel.


-The boys stayed with Ken's parents for a few days.


-We went to the Historical Musuem where the boys became mesmerized by arrowheads.


-We went to a water park with slides and diving boards and pirate ships. Caleb dived off a 12 ft diving board like 10 times. This boy has NO FEAR. His mamma has plenty for him, though.


-We went to see Aunt Beth and Uncle Micah. I got to record "The River" in a professional studio with my sister.


-I went to visit my friend Colleen and her husband and girls. We went swimming a lot! It was hot!


-We saw my cousin, Lynn, Brian, Reagan, and Connor in Olathe. It had been such a long time.


-We ate a very quick lunch with Memaw at her work.


-We went to the air musuem with My sister, her girls, my parents, and me and my 3 houligans.


Yes, we kept them busy. They also got to play with the neighbors at my parents, who have chickens! Very Interesting. We got to go to Wal-mart where I almost always ran into somebody I knew or recognized. I would have loved to visit Bendena and Atchison. It's lovely country...sometimes smells like cattle.











I am not really sure why I am putting this pic up here. Colleen and I have been friends since elementary school and were best friends through junior high and high school. She has remained very special to me. We haven't lived in the same town since highschool....






My friend Colleen's girls with my boys. They are a loud crew, but they rather enjoy each other and the cat.



LJ in a timeout. One of MANY!






At the Kansas Historical Musuem. I hadn't been there in a while. I was very impressed. This is where I learned that the first shots of the civil war were heard in Kansas due to the fact that Lincoln became President and joined Kansas as a "free" state. Made people mad and the rest is history!



Beth and her two girls. Addie and Eliza. Aren't they so cute?



My sister turned 34 while I was visiting. She is expecting a boy in january!









We always like a good train ride at Gage Park in Topeka, KS.



Piggy tails are a rare occasion. I don't have much patience for it.


My aunt and uncle came to visit us one of the days. It was so nice of them. My aunt never seems to age. We also visited my cousin, Lynn and her family. I think my camera was dead--so no pics.





My dad with his big sister.

No comments: